Sawyer Paddles and Oars | Artisan Series SquareTop Oar
Steelhead art wrap designed by Link Jackson for a rugged and functional piece of art.
The SquareTop Oar
Carbon Fiber X-Weave Fiberglass Shaft Reinforcement
"One of the most beautiful sets of oars I've ever seen." - Nick Amato
The Sawyer Artisan Oar "Steelhead" model shown. is the ultra-popular SquareTop Oar with a carbon fiber X-Weave fiberglass shaft reinforcement.
This combination of Solid Laminated Douglas Fir and X-Weave Fiberglass provides the "best-of-both-worlds" bringing the strength of fiberglass and wood. Provides strong leverage with smooth and consistent flex.
This lends strength and a bit of stiffness, while still allowing a forgiving flex that works with the dynamics of the DyneLite blade.
- Steelhead art graphics by Link Jackson
- Solid laminated Douglas Fir wood oar
- Carbon Fiber X-Weave fiberglass reinforced shaft
- Carbon fiber reinforced DyneLite blade with Dynel and Kevlar ProTip protection
- Counterbalanced "Square Top"
- Comes standard with rope wrap and rubber stop (Shown Below)
- Available Lengths: 8'6" to 10' (overall length)
- Shaft diameter at Wrap: 2.3"
- Three DyneLite™ blade choices:
- Narrow: 6" W x 30" L
- Wide (standard): 7" W x 30" L
Shoal Cut: 8.5" W x 30" L
(measured at the belly)
Shown is a 9'6 Steelhead Artisan SquareTop
A truly artistic and versatile oar.